The History of Trinity High School
The school had its foundations in 1932. The Northampton Technical College opened in St George's Avenue in that year. A very small part of the new college was a Junior Technical School, which was designed for only 40 pupils, 31 boys and 9 girls. The first mention of the school in the newspapers was in 1942. The staff and pupils, along with the pupils of the Paddington School, who had been evacuated here, joined in a service and parade to commemorate the fourth anniversary of the start of World War II.
In 1944 the new Education Act abolished the old school and formed a new one called the Technical High School, which opened in late 1945, and was the true beginning of the school as we knew it. It moved in to the new buildings, including the tower in 1957, and then changed its name to Trinity High School in December 1960. It changed again to Trinity Grammar School in 1969, and it was all change once again in 1973 when it became a comprehensive school and its name became simply, Trinity School.
The final change took place in September 2004 when the old school was replaced by the new Church of England school, Unity College, and in the summer of 2005 all of the old school buildings were demolished. Unity College was itself replaced and is now the Malcolm Arnold Academy.
The History is divided in to a number of sections. All of these topics are listed below and can be accessed from the buttons above.
|The Tower Revisited - The website for former Pupils of the Technical High School, Trinity High School & Trinity Grammar School, Northampton|